Monday, August 3, 2015

Experienced Not Always Understood

It was a deep pain radiating from my gut, but I felt it the strongest around my heart.  Last week there were days I struggled to let it go, and after several sleepless nights, exhausted my body finally closed me out and I slept.  Nepo calls worry the mental echo of fear and as its reverberations get louder, we lose confidence in ourselves, in others, and the goodness of life. 


I woke refreshed, still facing the challenges that had exhausted me with worry, but renewed realizing how much joy I experience in ways I don’t always understand.  I sat on the bench in our small front garden, and as our cat Sun Dance brushed his tail along my calf, I felt a love I don’t always understand radiating joy deep within my heart.  Today, be open to the full experience of life, you don’t always have to understand.  

No comments: