Monday, April 11, 2016

Hope




Friday night MaryBeth drove us up to the lake house; I was exhausted by a week that seems to go on forever and drained by the intensity of feelings around my body and bone scans.  Many of my scan team members are like old friends and greeted me with smiles, hugs, and words of encouragement.  At some point as I lay on the scan tables with my eyes closed and the machinery whirling around me, I couldn’t help thinking about this journey and how my spirit has been touched and energized by so many of you and the intangible space we’ve shared. After my last scan, a touch on my shoulder brought me back from the forever moment I had slipped into, and as I slowly stood, I smiled as I thought about forever.  Forever / I sometimes dream / was yesterday / and today is the start / of tomorrow / and tomorrow / is what God / gave me hope for.  Where do you get that intangible feeling we call hope?  Me, it is from the intangible space I have shared with all of you.    


No comments: