Monday, August 24, 2015

One More Day

Sunday I woke early, sat on the glider, and waited for sunrise and the start of a new day.  Dark land mingled at the water’s edge, as trees of multiple shades of gray brushed against the sky.  Slowly the soft pink horizon spread across the glass like surface of the sleeping lake, and I became lost in the still moment.  The stillness was broken as I felt a fished jump and pink ripples move across the water like a smile.  Mornings have always been special, but my cancer journey has increased their specialness, as I feel graced with getting to share another day.  Today I woke and felt the same soft pink ripples as a smile slowly moved across my face – I have one more day of radiation.  Feel the soft pink ripples as we smile together all day. 


No comments: