Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Practice of Pause

Last night MaryBeth and I completed our plans for a California vacation split between Pacific Beach and Coronado.  There something about a beach vacation with its endless waves, hermit crabs, sea birds, and mesmerizing sunrises and sunsets that soothes our souls.  I have learned that beach vacations reframe my mindfulness as I practice life’s gentle honesty on beach walks where my sight, hearing, and sense of smell is sharpened and retuned.  On these vacations I relearn the practice of pause, or refraining from having to always fill up my life space with tasks, projects, and action.  In these moments of pause, I experience life’s spaciousness and reconnect with the “be” inside.  Relearn the practice of pause today and experience gentle honesty.   

No comments: