Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Radiation Fatigue & Mindfulness

It had been a really long day.  The plan had been to take an afternoon flight that would get me into Atlanta mid-afternoon, but the flight had been delayed.  The train into the city was also running late, and my name wasn’t on the hotel reservation, so when I finally reached my room I was bushed. I sat on the edge of the bed too tired to eat, and as I turned was instantly drawn to the window and watched the sunset spread across the sky and deep inside of me. 


The only side effect of my radiation treatments the past two weeks has been fatigue, which has slowed down the “do” part of me.  Slowing down has strengthened my mindfulness practice and restored the gentle love affair I share with present moments.  Have a love affair with present moments today.    

No comments: