Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Capture Life’s Impermanence

Last night, MaryBeth and I attended our monthly meeting as members of the Patient and Family Advisory Council at MD Anderson.  “The council is dedicated to strengthening the voices of patients and families at MD Anderson in order to enhance patient safety, satisfaction and quality of care.”  We are relatively new to the council, so I am just starting to attach names to faces, family stories, and cancer journeys. 


Toward the end of the meeting, I was tired and for just a few minutes drifted worlds away to an etched sunset alive with emotion, slowly diminishing as it moved toward shore.  Lately, I’ve been experiencing the impermanence of my life in the many wonders wrapped within me and those special moments throughout my life, and it feels good.  Today, take time to capture the impermanence of life in special moments.       

No comments: