Friday, August 14, 2015

Life Courage and Passion



Sitting alone at a cafeteria table, he had motioned me to sit down; Houston was his home, and he was fighting a recurrent bladder cancer.  Just a few years older than me, he also really enjoyed his grandkids and as he talked about them, his whole body smiled.  Like me, his day had been full of mixed test results, and he was concerned his cancer might have spread to somewhere else in his body.  After lunch, he would meet with another oncologist and was thinking about asking about immunotherapy.  What struck me as we talked was his courage, something you don’t always see in cancer survivors.  I meet many survivors who somewhere along the way have given up living and now, just survive.  Don’t get me wrong Cancer Sucks, but it’s our courage and passion for life that transforms us into thrivers, and we flourish.  Reclaim your life courage and passion today and thrive!  

No comments: