Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Small Books Big Lessons

I have several places I keep my “small books”; you know the little books about life.  On my desk within hand reach, there are books of daily prayers and meditations, life instruction books, and my Mark Nepo collection.  This shelf also holds my collection of Mitch Albom books.  My Tuesday with Morrie book was a gift one night in a hospital room where I was doing volunteer hospice work and reading to a very weak patient, “You take it Bill, I think I’m almost done here”.  That night I finished the book, writing notes on the pages as I do in books that have real meaning for my life.  Most mornings I read and find just what I need, like today.  Morrie tells Mitch, “I know you think this is about dying, but it’s like I keep telling you.  When you learn to die, you learn to live.”  Be open to life lessons today.  

No comments: