Monday, August 10, 2015

Connecting+Caring=Healing

Find courage through others and learn how shared kindness and compassion strengthens.  As we stood in line together at radiation oncology, I learned they were driving 8 hours every Monday for her early appointments, and on Fridays drove back to share a weekend with their kids.  Her cancer recurrence was a huge shock.  Sitting in her wheelchair, she told me driving 16 hours every week and seeing their kids only on the weekends was a low cost to pay for the hope of more days with family.  We swapped stories about our families, then she left for her treatment, and after my treatment, I looked in all the waiting rooms, but they were gone.  Walking back to work, I realized the healing gift she’d given me, by simply connecting and caring.  Connect and care today, and heal!

No comments: