Friday, May 1, 2015

Where have all the Flowers Gone

Today, as I rode my bicycle over Brays Bayou Bridge I stopped to watch the almost full moon sink past the tree line into the bayou, and slowly wash away my tears.  I had waken to the soft sounds of “Where Have all the Flowers Gone”, a long forgotten song playing deep inside, and memories of standing by the Vietnam Memorial Wall, as its verses brought back memories and tears.  I had an amazing visit with my good friend Len yesterday, who always raises questions opening doors deep inside of me, growing my understanding of my humanity.  Where I’ve been, experiences I’ve shared, choices I’ve made, and how as Desmond Tutu so eloquently said, “My humanity it bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.”  I hope you have a Len in your life!

No comments: