Thursday, April 30, 2015

Right Expectations Inspire Greatness

I must admit I love to teach.  Maybe it was my mother’s influence watching her each morning prepare for her kindergarten classes, or having some really good elementary school teachers that even though I had learning issues, kept me believing I would/could “learn how to learn”.  When I think back now on how many years I struggled as a student, but kept trying, I realize the importance of the life-energizing role a good teacher, coach, or mentor plays.  Yesterday, at the AHA meeting someone asks me, “What has been your biggest challenge in wellness?”  I have been asked this many times, and my answer, “Teaching senior management, middle-managers, and well professionals to set the right expectations for their “big p” and “little p” programs.  Wellness exponentially grows in organizations, teams, and individuals when the right expectations are set and met.  Right expectations inspire greatness!

No comments: