Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Still Spaces

A front row seat at Ovations put me four-feet from the base player in Jose-Miguel Yamal jazz band Sunday night.  The stage lights played off his guitar the color of sunset as he plucked and popped the strings with his fingers and thumb.  The music was a blend of jazz and Latin rhythms, soaked my tired soul, and brought tears as I celebrated living. 


My oncologist told me last week he’d hoped for eleven months with my current oral chemo, but it wasn’t really working.  We’d wait one more month, but it was probably time to try another drug.  We all have bad days.  Days we feel like we need to cram as much as we can into each hour, but I’ve learned cramming life leaves no time to be alive.  It’s through the spaces we leave ourselves that we breathe in life and experience full living.  Today, practice leaving space for full living.  

No comments: