Monday, November 16, 2015

Teach Your Soul to Wander

I’d driven 18-wheelers all summer following the pea crops in Washington State, and it was time to head back to college, but I had dreamed all summer of surfing California.  The bus from Walla Walla took me to Portland, and from Portland to Redding California.  My flight home was out of Los Angeles, so I started hitchhiking south along U.S. highway 101, borrowing boards and surfing along the way.  My nights were filled with solitude where the only sound was the seductive whispering voice of the waves that taught my soul to wander.  When our souls wander and we are drawn into deep reflective thought, with each breath we open and take in so much more of ourselves, an intimacy only we can share with the symphony of life.  Have you taught your soul to wander?  

No comments: