Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Favorite Day


What a weekend.  I came back from teaching with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Friday night after seeing many old friends.  The CDC work I’ve been involved in over the past few years is starting to take traction and it is very exciting.  Saturday, MaryBeth and I slept in and just hung out making plans for watching the Chevron Houston Marathon on Sunday, and a working on few small home projects on Monday.  Sunday, many friends who were running the marathon passed by our house on University, so it was a great day for hugs and high-fives.  Monday, our home project work went wild and by 7 pm, I was tuckered out.  Today I’m still low on energy and had to remind myself that my 2nd chemo that stops tomorrow for a week always kicks my butt.  I’ve led three labyrinth walks today, and after the last walk, as I watched the participants walk away, I thought even though this was a tough day, it was still as Pooh says, “My favorite day”, for I was here to enjoy it.  Be mindful of the specialness each day brings.  

No comments: