Thursday, January 7, 2016

Being Home

  
The ocean has always felt like home and I have no doubt the “being home” feeling grew from my trip as a newborn on a huge ship that took my family to Japan to be with my dad who was part of the occupation force after WWII.  The constant motion of the waves crashing into or gently caressing the shore and the pulling and pushing of underwater currents remind me of the emotional / spiritual challenges I feel deep inside every day.  As an old goofy foot surfer, I loved the feeling of being “one with the wave” and now with my daily cancer journey, I do best when I am one with myself or what I call being home.  A big part of being home is being present to all our feelings, to others, and the constant goodness of life that surrounds us.  Practice “being home”!

No comments: