Thursday, January 14, 2016

Love Heals



It was the summer before I headed for UNT in Denton, and we both needed a little time off before I started the grind of graduate school.  We packed up the bed of my old green pickup with camping gear, food supplies and clothing then covered it with a blue tarp.  The drive was challenging since the truck had bad shocks, and did not have power steering or an air conditioner, but we were young, on an adventure, and in love.  Carlsbad Caverns, Mesa Verde, and Royal Gorge are some of my camping memories as we wandered through New Mexico and Colorado.  It was a wet summer and all our gear stayed wet, finally forcing us to turn around and head home.  That summer I replaced memories of too many horrific medivac rides, and the trauma of my broken back with moments of cotton candy clouds, lava flow sunsets, and wrapped in the deep healing arms of love.  Let go and love…….

No comments: