Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Joy Pure Life Energy

  
The weather in Atlanta had been much colder than Houston, with the temperatures dipping into the teens, so I had taken my winter overcoat, Russian hat, and gloves.  It was a gray, winter day when the plane took off and climbed through the thick clouds.  The sunset painted multiple striations of cloud layers across the sky and as I drifted asleep, I felt the sadness we feel when we fear there will not be enough time.  Most days I wrap myself in the courage of hope, faith, and love shared with family, friends, and fellow cancer survivors.  However, there are moments when fear stretches into loneliness, and tears.   What I’ve learned is that I will have moments of thin layers of fear surrounded by multiple layers of the joy, pure life energy.  Today, stretch past the thin layers of fear into deep layers of joy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments: