Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tears of Blue

Yesterday I received an email from an employee about a mother’s battle with cancer and how it shaped their life dream to become an employee at MD Anderson Cancer Center and the story stirred my dreams last night.  My sister’s bedroom was right off the living room and painted a sunny yellow, the trees that had provided shade were lost several hurricanes ago, so it always had sun.  It was my mother’s last bedroom in our house.  I had brought her a camellia and found her crying as she sat in the rocking chair by the window.  Today I opened my 50 year old poetry journal, and found what I had written that day.  // A vision I can’t erase / blue sky reflected in your eyes / caught in tears / rolling down your face // A flower / held against your cheek / soft petals, lick tears of blue // A vision I can’t erase

No comments: