Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Greek to Me

I attended University High School on the LSU campus from 4th – 12th grade, so as a freshman at LSU it felt comfortable.  My sister had been a Tri Delta, so I thought I understood the Greek scene.  I pledged, but between ROTC, all morning classes, and work with the football team 6-8 hours after lunch, I didn’t have much time for pledge activities.  My fraternity big brother said, “That’s okay Billy, just bring some football players our way”.  Rush week things changed when he told me I needed to dress better, and they were embarrassed I rode a 10-speed bike and not to bring it to the house or leave it around the back.  When I saw my dad that week, he could tell something was bothering me.   After I told him he said, “Billy, you have to be the best of who you are, not what someone else thinks you should be.”   I dropped out of rush, I didn’t fit.  Today be the best of who you are!

No comments: