Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dance with the Solitude of Your Soul

It was my last summer at LSU and I was working as stage manager for the LSU Summer Dinner Theater. Before opening night, one of the doctoral students that guided our work threw a get-together at his house. He was an artist and I remember being captivated by his painting showing a man climbing inside a mirror to get a look at the other side of himself. I scratched out this poem that night: “most of my poems / are written inside out / they are tiny windows into my soul / sentence fragments never spoken / words linked in odd ways / reflections of feelings and emotions / imprints of memories long forgot / who I am when I am not / a way to dance with the solitude of my soul”. Dance with the solitude of your soul today.

No comments: