Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Shared Moments

Last night, I taught “healing calm” at a cancer support group that meets at the MD Anderson Bay Area Regional Care Clinic.  About a dozen participants representing a mix of cancer survivors and caregivers gave me a very warm welcome.  I immediately felt their strong bond, as I watched compassion, empathy and kindness expressed in hugs, smiles, and warm touches.  George Everly’s resiliency research on Navy Seals suggests that the strongest single most powerful predictor of resilience is connectedness and support.  What I realized last night was that it’s the moments shared not the words that become our strongest connection to others.  MaryBeth and I have been holding hands a lot more lately, connecting me to feelings in my heart impossible to describe with words.  Today, share moments that are more powerful than our words.  

No comments: