Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Learning to Wait


I’ve never really been good at waiting, but this last stage of my cancer journey has given me a new realization of the importance of patience driven by a yearning to fully experience life’s miniscule moments.  There something about the way challenging times enrich our life choices through the deep interrelationship of our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual realms.  This deeper dive into ourselves strengthens our ability to accept who we are, and where we are going, energizing our life purpose and passion, but giving us the wisdom to wait. 

Before leaving on vacation the progression of my cancer markers and body scans moved me to a new phase of my clinical study and I was randomized to a new set of drugs.  Immediately, I dove into the literature to better understand the drugs history, actions and side effects.  After reading, highlighting, and printing off the articles, I placed them into a folder and walked away knowing I needed to wait – for patience allows a full experience of life’s miniscule moments. Wait on life today.

No comments: