Monday, September 21, 2015

Gratitude Moments

Talking to a friend today, I asked him why the bandage on his arm, and he said, “Bill, I’ve spent 30 years in a wheelchair, and after 30 years with my arm hitting the armrest, I’ve developed a bruise.”  I could feel the tears behind my eyes, he and I had catastrophic injuries at about the same age, but I walked after my broken back – he didn’t.  We talked for a little while longer and as I walked back to my office I could feel the tears, and I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I had taken for granted today, and yesterday, and the day before, and last week as we walked on the beach.  Tomorrow each time I get up from my chair I plan to stop and reflect on those things I have taken for granted.  Maybe you also need to put gratitude moments back into your life?  Why not start with me!  

No comments: