Wednesday, June 24, 2015

We Don't Do Life Alone

Link to my Story
Yesterday, as I sat in multiple waiting rooms, I was reminded how much they felt like athletic dressing rooms of my past with a mix of individuals tired of the fight and those that couldn’t wait for the start of the 2nd half.  I ask her if the chair was taken, and she motioned for me to sit down, and we talked briefly; she was with her husband, who no longer worked, but she wished he did.  A tall large man limped into the seat across the far aisle and they began to try to talk, I got up and motioned him into my seat. 


We followed each other to two other waiting rooms, I watched them sit apart, and my heart felt his exhaustion and loneliness.  After my last appointment, I visited a friend doing inpatient chemo, and he, his wife and I talked about our shared cancer journeys – for we don’t do life alone.   

No comments: