Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Air Steps: Empowering Faith

A cancer journey is filled with leaps of faith.  I call these “air steps,” after my Army days when every time I jumped out of an airplane or rappelled from a helicopter, that first step before the chute or rope took hold was taken in faith.  My cancer journey has been filled with many air steps: body scans, body probes, surgeries, radiation, and multiple drug protocols and oral chemos that have extended my life and fueled my passion to tell my story about the awesomeness of life.  Faith is more than believing in the unseen or unknown.  Faith is believing in something larger than yourself (e.g. God, love, family, and peace).  But, faith is more than just thinking about it, or having strong convictions.  Faith is about taking next steps, and moving to action.  My leaps of faith have led to hope, joy, trust, confidence, grace, and devotion to deep prayer and meditation.  Have you taken any air steps lately?   


No comments: