Monday, June 22, 2015

Saying Goodbye Turns to Rose Tears

Last week I was in Minneapolis teaching at the 40th anniversary of the National Wellness Institute and saying goodbye to the many friends I have made at the conference over the years.  Several months ago, I realized I needed to start letting go bits and pieces of my life to allow more time for inner exploration, and writing / sharing my living experience and what I’ve begun to call “cancer thrivership”.


 Long ago, I learned saying goodbye is never easy, but I wanted to do this on my own terms, so I’d usually start with, “I need to say goodbye”, and they’d say, “Oh you’re leaving early”, and I say, “no, I need to say goodbye, I won’t be back next year”.  We’d hug, cry a little, and I’d whisper in their ear, “have an awesome life”.  We left Minneapolis and went to Columbus OH for a mini-family reunion.  The rain in Columbus, left tears on the roses, just like the rose tears I felt on my heart.  Rose tears collected from shared inner moments of life overflowing, as I said goodbye to my National Wellness friends.  

No comments: