Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Friendships

This Friday, MaryBeth and I leave for the National Wellness Conference in Minneapolis where we both will teach and help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the association.  For several weeks now, I’ve been thinking about this trip, conference, and the friends I’ll laugh, eat, and cry with.  These friendships have brought me great joy, and many have supported me throughout my wellness career and now in my cancer journey. 


This past week I’ve been teaching groups of cancer survivors and caregivers how to get out of their heads and into their hearts.  Friendship is a heart led thing and the touch of a friend can quiet our endless mind chatter/fears, and open up our hearts.  This next week I’ll breathe in friendships that have been my life energy and thank them for the precious gift we have shared.  Open your heart to a friend today.  

No comments: