Friday, April 24, 2015

Episodic Memories

I slowly shift my weight again to stop the leg cramps caused by two days of walking to set up a DZ and too much lying in the bush and waiting.  But I can’t  move, and realize I am not on the DZ, but several years have passed and I am in the hospital with a broken back living past life moments through morphine drip dreams.  Feeling an inside smile I slowly wake shift my weight, and remember how lately, early morning leg cramps have been one of the side effects of my new cancer drugs and I’m 67 not 27.  Forty-five years of episodic memories jumbled together around leg cramps and living.  Life events, growth opportunities, and life choices have molded me into who I’ve become.  I close my eyes and I’m back on the DZ energized and waiting, my leg cramps are gone and first light brings the roar of planes.  

No comments: