Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Open Your Heart to Wholeness

Mark Nepo in his latest book writes about how our life journeys are scattered paths leading to glimpses of wholeness when we open our hearts.  I was one of the two reactors to Dr. Fredrickson keynote on positivity, and talked about how her work had changed the way I approach my cancer journey.  I ask her for suggestions for our nurses that must move from patient to patient, carrying the cancer burdens, and yet caring in ways that provide hope.  As I started to close the session, and thank her for the science she gave us, my words were covered in tears.  Through the tears, I finally closed to the audience of 400+ with, “What will you do different tomorrow?”  It was a moment where the depths of my feelings had opened my heart and I had felt wholeness.  

No comments: