Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Culture of Health


Culture of health and employee engagement had been major themes at the conference, and many of the presenters showed positive productivity and healthcare results to support their value in business sustainability.  However, as a wellness programmer, I was looking for more of the “how to”, or the program strategy or mix that weaves the two together to generate sustainable results.  After carrying two bags into the house, I was sweating profusely, and then I remembered I was back in Houston where we have humidity. 


As I started to carry in the last two bags, I looked up to the flowering vine on our balcony.  The flowers have multiple petals with deep purple cores surrounded by a softer, lighter purple fringe.  I realized the flowers represented a strategy for weaving employee wellness engagement and culture of health together.  A strong line of wellness programming engaging employees on both emotional and transactional levels building self-responsibility and accountability surrounded by department and organizational cultures that support and value health.  Will it was a start – smile.  

No comments: