Monday, April 20, 2015

First Light Connections

Mornings, there is something special about the way mornings unfold that make me crave first light moments.  For the past few days I’ve been in Ohio staying with a friend who lives on a small lake.  My last morning the lake was covered with a thin blanket of fog as first light stretched across the horizon.  I’d taught at Lourdes University, and the last night met with a local support group of cancer caregivers and survivors.  We talked about our cancer journeys, and I told how daily wellness practices fuel the resiliency that ripples through my life energy nurturing my soul.  Joel Bennett, in his book Raw Coping Power, talks about our ability to thrive through our inner connections with ourselves, and our outer connections with support communities.  What I felt around the table that night was empathy, compassion, commitment, and love.  It stretched across the table like first light, a beacon of hope.  Today, be mindful of your inner and outer connections.  

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network.

Join 1,000,000's who have already discovered better methods for investing in Ripple...

Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!