Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Escape

Escape.  Some days we just want to escape for just a little while, lose the shadow that some days bring.  Yesterday, I had one of those days.  A car hit my outside cat Precious, and I cried hard as I wrapped him in one of my favorite soft t-shirts the color of his eyes, and buried him in our garden.  This morning, we talked through my tears, as I watered the wild rose bush I planted over his grave.  He loved to scratch his nose on my beard, as he sat on my chest, and purred as I gently rubbed his ears.  Yesterday was one of those days when I experienced the fragility of my life in its fullness, a fullness that this morning I celebrated with gratitude for the time I’d been given with Precious.  Whole person living is about opening your heart to the full experience of each moment – try it!  

No comments: