Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Love Skating

In middle school we’d ride our bikes to the Louisiana State Capital grounds and try our latest homemade skateboards on the garden sidewalks and hills.  When I worked at Tenneco in downtown Houston there were several years that I’d roller skate the 7 miles to work by moon light.  Then one morning I took a bad fall where the pavement had been replaced with gravel.  I switched to inline skates over 15 years ago and now have a pair of K2 Mach90’s that two+ months ago I put back on and am skating 4-7 miles most evenings.  I like what I feel inside when I skate and the smiles I see on others as they watch a 65 year old fly by.  An added plus, I’ve lost 17 pounds in the process of making me and others happy.  What do you do each day for happiness?

No comments: