Friday, September 13, 2013

Belief and Effort

Watching my mother battle her cancer each day had taught me that much of life is about belief and effort. Last night as I sat in an MD Anderson waiting room, I heard, “Bill, is that you?” I looked up and found a 50ish man smiling in front of me. His voice I knew, but I couldn’t place his face. After a few minutes of talking I realized this was Bill our street newspaper seller of several years’ back that I had supported with a little clothing and money. He’d been working at MD Anderson for a year and was now taking online courses to better his education. We shook hands and he didn’t let go with his hands or his eyes, as he silently said, “Thank you, for believing in me and getting me to believe in myself.” Believe in someone today!

No comments: