Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Comfortable with being Me

I must have been around 9 or 10 when I got very curious about my last name. There weren’t any other Baun’s in Baton Rouge, and the only other Baun I knew was my grandmother. In a car trip heading to Pennsylvania, my dad stopped in a small town, and we thumbed through the phone book looking at all the Baun’s. I picked one; we called and then went to their house just for me to meet more Baun’s. This morning, the almost full moon was picture perfect as she yawned and then slipped between low clouds. There was a time in my life I was looking for more of me, now as I slip between low clouds, I realize I’m comfortable with who I am, where I’ve been, and where I’m heading. Take Parker J. Palmers advice this week and get more comfortable in your own skin. Center for Courage and Renewal

No comments: