Monday, December 21, 2015

Good to be Home

                                                      
Our Mexico vacation was great, but it feels so good to be home.  As we turned into our driveway, we watched Sun Dance our outdoor cat slowly climbed out of his fleece-lined bed and Auggie (our Lagotto Romagnolo) couldn’t wait to get out of the car and give Sun Dance kisses. 

Last Thursday, while watching the storm clouds begin to take over the blue sky, I learned of the passing of Harry, a fellow cancer thriver.  Before the hard rain came, I cried storm tears for my loss, his family's loss, and the loss that will be felt by the many communities he served as MD Anderson’s Chief Diversity Officer.  Today, I celebrate Harry’s life and how much he taught us about the transformational power of heart-led living for individuals, teams, and communities.  Today, let joy push out my tears, for Harry has gone home. 


No comments: