Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Day



I got up early and watched the lake mist greet the rising sun and usher in a new day.  It’s was an amazing Christening ceremony as the geese across the lake declared it was Christmas.  We kayaked after a light breakfast silently gliding across the calm glass covered lake singing our favorite Christmas carols and following a small Blue Heron whose disappearing reflection in the water reminded me of life’s temporariness.  My stamina has been decreasing as my chemo fatigue increases, so after a late brunch, I slept most of the afternoon, waking just in time to catch the early rise of the full moon.  She danced with the building storm clouds like I dance with my chemo fatigue and several times I caught her peeking through the tall pines, and I felt hope as my passion for life was reflected in her dance and presence.  Dance with life today!

No comments: