Thursday, December 3, 2015

First Light

first light
everything in this room
was already here
**Christopher Herod


Yesterday, was a cancer care day, with diagnostic blood work, and follow-up discussions with my oncologist nurse, research nurse, and advanced practice nurse.  We meet individually and each care for me in their own special way.  This was the first time in months that my numbers looked good, and as I opened the door that leads back to the waiting room a ray of sunlight slowed my progression as I felt a ray pierce my heart and soul.  There are too many days that just happen and I fail to recognize and appreciate what is there for me every day.  The stars and moon of early morning, first light blushes, clouds drifting across a Texas blue sky – all giving me moments of unconditional goodness.  “Be” a part of these moments today. 

No comments: