Thursday, October 15, 2015

Walking with Angels

Last week I had been teaching in Mays Clinic and walked to the chapel for a few quiet moments.  As I sat alone a line in the lyrics of Jim White’s Borrowed Wings ran through my thoughts, “You can’t get to heaven on no borrowed wings”.  The greens in the garden started to run together as my eyes teared up, and then a family entered and formed a prayer circle in the back with chairs.  I grabbed some tissue and left. 

Last night as I shared time with a Breast Cancer Support group in Bay Area, Jim White’s line came back as I listened to their stories filled with fear, courage, and hope.  The woman sitting next to me had just finished her chemo, and talked about how walking quiets her mind and helps her go to that place of inside out healing.  Many talked about their daily struggles to find that place of inside out healing through self-time, pray, meditation, reading the Bible, pets, working as volunteers, and caring for others.  “You can’t get to heaven on no borrowed wings”, we all have this journey called life to walk, one step at a time. 


No comments: