Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Forever Gifts

What have my life experiences taught me?  In high school, I quickly learned that I would never be good at basketball, no matter how hard I tried.  My right eye is my sighting eye, and I toss a basketball with my left hand, making accuracy impossible.  So during basketball season I helped sell and collect tickets before the games with a boy who was several classes ahead of me.  Our soldiers were just starting to be killed in Vietnam, but that was so far away, and then one night my basketball ticket partner was killed when his car was hit by a train.  It was my first experience with the death of someone who had been a part of my life, and had touched my life in his special way.  My mother would die in a few years, and I would lose friends in Vietnam, but my basketball ticket partner’s death – taught me death doesn’t take away the special way people touch your life.  These are forever gifts.  What forever gifts will you touch someone with 

No comments: