Monday, October 19, 2015

Suchness

It was a perfect day for the jazz brunch, a slight breeze blew through the trees, as the music enveloped and soothed our soul, and time was lost in the sweet suchness of each moment.  I sat on a bench in the garden and watched Auggie, our dog, chase butterflies and bee’s as the softness of the music ran its fingers across my soul.  Last night my dreams were filled with soft chords, garden colors, and Auggie’s passionate innocence for life.  Rare moments of experiencing the deep “suchness” of life, heightens my mindfulness.  This morning as I rode my scooter through the medical center, I passed a very young couple coming out of Texas Children’s with a baby blanket tossed across their shoulders, looking very tired and scared.  That moment the innocence of my suchness was touched by the hope I carry like a shield, my belief in the goodness of life, and I rode away in prayer.  May your suchness be deeply touched today.


No comments: