Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Change

I woke up at 2 am and thought about change, and how our journeys give us the opportunity to develop the skills and wisdom to accept and grow with change.  Some change, like aging, is slow, giving us time to tinker with life strategies to find out what fits, what works, and what doesn’t work so well.  But it’s the change that happens instantly that is the most challenging and requires us to reach deep within our foundational beliefs and values if we are to persevere. 

The last few weeks, my work life and cancer journey has been filled with change.  My abscessed tooth needs to be pulled, but they can’t pull the tooth unless I take a 3-week vacation/washout from my new chemo.  After hearing my latest challenge a friend ask yesterday, “Will you be okay?”  This morning as I rode my scooter to work, and watched the moon dart between buildings, I smiled as I realized, I’ll be okay for years ago I decided to be a cancer thriver, not just a cancer survivor.  And as a cancer thriver I’ve learned to take life one day at a time.  What will you do to make today special?


No comments: