Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Still Deep Listening

It was a beautiful crisp still morning as I watched the fog roll ofe a lake in Ohio where the only sounds were the geese.  In his, book Seven Thousand Ways to Listen: Staying Close to what is Sacred, Mark Nepo writes that still deep listening holds everything open ‘till what can’t be seen or heard is felt – changing who we are.  Deep listening is not about outside stillness, but deep inside stillness, that changes who we are, and who we will become.  I remember the moment my first child was born, he was a month early, and came our screaming.  The moment he screamed, I felt deep inside; I was now a dad and would teach my new child not to be afraid of life, but to learn how to experience life’s awesomeness.  Are you a still deep listener?


No comments: