Thursday, July 16, 2015

Learning to Wait

Yesterday, I spent a few hours in the morning getting blood tests and having a CT scan with contrast of my chest to follow up last month’s finding that my cancer had probably spread to one of my ribs.  I had deskwork, several meetings, and a laughter yoga class to teach before my oncologist appointment at 4 pm, where we would review my test results.  A cancer journey gives you many lessons about patience.  My laughter yoga class included a couple from El Paso, a pair of lifelong friends, a woman with inflammatory breast cancer, and a woman who was re-learning to swallow.  It was a good class, we all left with inside-out smiles and I left realizing I was not waiting alone.  At 6:10 pm I left my oncologist, we had a good plan to radiate my cancerous rib to stop the progression of bone loss.  My wait had begun again, but I am okay for I am not waiting alone.  

No comments: