Thursday, July 23, 2015

Connecting to Our Happiness

Some mornings I take a shortcut by cutting through Texas Children’s Hospital west tower entrance.  There are always a few families waiting outside for a ride after a long night, mixed with the arrival of early staff hurrying to work.  Most days she’s standing just off the main doors guiding people in and out of the lobby, more with her smile than her words.  As I stop at the walkway to let people pass, she looks up with her smile and waves, and I wave back.  MaryBeth is usually asleep when I get up, so my first shared moments are with Sun Dance our cat.  My next shared morning moments are a smile and wave from a security guard at Texas Children’s that starts the internal and external smile I nurture all day.  How do you reconnect to your happiness as you start your day?

No comments: