Thursday, January 30, 2014

Army Ranger Cory Remsburg

My dad had flown in WWII and Korea, so Army ROTC at LSU was a natural fit.  One of the ROTC instructors had started a Bengal Raiders group to train cadets to survive Vietnam.  We’d train weekends in the swamps learning tactics, leadership skills, teamwork, and a better understanding of our physical and mental limits.  You know how life works, that experience rippled into me becoming an Airborne Ranger.  When I broke my back it was my Ranger training that got me through 6 months of hospitalization and 6 months of a full body cast.  As I watched President Obama describe Army Ranger Cory Remsburg as a man that, “never gives up, and he does not quit", I understood where that came from.  Gain strength from your life ripples today. 

No comments: