Monday, November 11, 2013

Work Life Journey

“It’s not what you achieve, but who you become (The Only Way to Win, Jim Loehr 2012).  I’m 65 years into my work life journey or story – where are you?  All of us have will have moments in our life stories that become the memories that define who we are, how we will respond to life, where we are going.  I remember the day I held the first soldier to die on my command and feeling the deep burden of leadership.  We all have life stories, some hidden deep inside or recurring nightmares, others when recalled make us smile.  What’s important is what we learned from these experiences, and how we apply it to our life journey.”  These are my opening words I jotted down for a talk I give this week, after viewing the sunrise Saturday morning and experiencing the birth of a new day.  How well do you live your life story? 

No comments: