Friday, November 1, 2013

Stories that Inspire 1st Steps to Sustainable Change

The sunset, after the rain storm yesterday, stirred up memories of the first time I saw the red rock cathedral like towers and steeples in the Garden of the Gods. A few hours of hiking and climbing around in these massive structures gave me memories that have become a part of my internal story I’ve relived a thousand times. Internal stories inspire and influence our actions and when shared, the actions of others. He told me his 23 year old daughter had been diagnosed with lung cancer, I asked, “how long had she smoked”, he cried and finally said, “she never did, I was the smoker in our family”. I looked around the room, many were thinking about how their choices affect others, maybe, just maybe my story would help someone take a first step to sustainable change.

No comments: