Monday, November 18, 2013

Sleeping Dragon / Cancer is so Limited

Saturday night I rode the tail of my sleeping dragon in my roles as cancer survivor and cancer caregiver.  We’ve all been there, when life feels overwhelming.  I drove my scooter along the bayou where I watched the full moon dance between the cloud cover, and then drove to where the dragon sleeps – MD Anderson.  Shift change was in progress as I walked to the chapel, I sat, cried, kneeled, than prayed.  After a little over an hour I walked out, but a handout at the chapel door caught my attention, What Cancer Cannot Do.  “It cannot cripple love”, I thought of my wife, kids, and friends, “It cannot shatter hope, or corrode faith”, I thought of how my faith and hope have grown, “It cannot invade the soul or conquer the spirit”, I smiled and felt my passion for life – “cancer is so limited!” 

No comments: