Monday, October 7, 2013

Life Isn't Measured in Years, but Moments of Living Well

Wednesday night I got to the Philly airport after midnight, and chased the last train going to the city as it slowly pulled away.  A conductor stopped the train, smiled as I jumped on board, and I thanked him, took a seat, and then experienced one of those internal smiles that spread instantly and deep.  On the plane from Houston, I’d been working on my cancer survivorship presentation that focuses on how “well” a person is able to live after treatment, not how long.  Life isn’t measured in years, but moments of living well filled with love and internal smiles.  The conductor softly touched my shoulder and woke me from a short sleep, we were in downtown Philly.  Once again, I thanked him and watched his smile spread instantly and deep.  This week focus on moments of living well.      

No comments: